The most important factor in reducing condensation is controlling humidity by creating air movement. Humidity levels need to decrease as exterior temperatures drop. To control condensation you must increase ventilation and control sources of moisture. To do this, you can:
1. Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry.
2. Vent clothes dryers and gas burners etc. to the outdoors.
3. Keep humidifiers off.
4. Keep ventilating louvers in your basement, crawl spaces and attics amply sized and open.
5. Open fireplace dampers to give moisture-laden air a way of escape.
6. Air out your house as necessary.